Ask An Expert - Spelling Ask an Expert
- I have a questions about irregular words and integrating Scientific Spelling in the classroom.
- Why are the words "crazy" and "yes" irregular for spelling?
- Is there a scientific reason why spelling so often lags behind reading progress with our students? Is it because encoding has more steps built into it and is auditory rather than visual?
- My students asked me as we were analyzing ng and n words why the vowels preceding the ng or n(k) were affected differently.
- For beginning Scientific Spelling in 2nd grade with short i, do you give them five words off of the short i page and additional content words ?