Ask An Expert - Preschool And Beginning Reading Ask an Expert
- Please explain the difference between "phonological" and phonemic awareness.
- What is the goal per minute for Rapid Naming Charts?
- What is a research-based intervention for a kindergarten student having difficulty with letter and sound recognition?
- A kindergarten child I am working with cannot remember letter names.
- What are some "best practices" that can be used in a pre-k classrooms to help reduce reading difficulties in the future?
- Some of my first graders are struggling with syllables, counting phonemes, word lengths and matching phonemes with letters. What do you recommend I do with these children? What should I use?”
- How can I begin teaching my 4 1/2 year old to read?
- What is the best way to do guided reading with emergent readers who have very little sight word base?
- Is there any difference between the "Dolch" and "Fry" word list and the "Fauntas and Pinnell" list?